The above chart is from H. Wayne House, Charts of Christian Theology & Doctrine, 74.
There are six substantial reasons why tongues have ceased.
1. Tongues were a miracle gift and the age of miracles ended with the apostles.
2. The miracle of tongues was a judicial sign to Israel because of Israel’s unbelief (1 Corinthians 14:21-22).
3. The gift of tongues was inferior to the gift of prophecy.
4. Speaking in tongues was rendered useless when the NT was complete.
5. Tongues are mentioned only in the earliest of the NT books.
6. History records that tongues did cease.